Please refer to the course selection system. The courses of this semester:
The courses of last semester as attachments.
Graduate students are required to receive at least 12 credit hours in the home department, not including the credit hours of Department Seminar.
※Home department courses: Including courses offered at the Graduate Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Graduate Institute of Opto-Mechatronics.
●Requirements for the Doctoral Degree in Mechanical Engineering of the National Chung Cheng University
- Successful completion of at least 18 credit hours of graduate-level courses and two semesters of Department Seminars. (International students may take Seminars offered in English by College of Engineering or College of Science)
※For students who apply for studying Master's program directly to doctoral program in this department, are required successful completion of at least 36 credit hours of graduate-level courses and two semesters of Department Seminars. (International students may take Seminars offered in English by College of Engineering or College of Science)
- Successful completion of the course “Academic Research Ethics” at least 6 hours and obtain the Course Completion Certificate of Academic Research Ethics Education.
- Creditable passage of the Ph.D. qualifying examination.
- Creditable passage of the dissertation proposal examination.
- Publication of at least two papers related to dissertation in EI and SCI journals, including being accepted.
※ At least one paper must be published in SCI journals.
※ With the approval of Academic Committee, the significant achievement of academic research work or industry-academy cooperation can substitute for one paper in EI journals.
- Creditable passage of the dissertation oral defense.
- The application of dissertation oral defense must be approved by the advisor and the Academic Committee. Please note that the period from the dissertation proposal examination to the dissertation oral defense must be at least six months.
- For those who want to take courses outside the graduate institute of ME or outside CCU should fill in "The course selection record" form and sign it by the advisor before it can be counted as graduation credits. Please refer to "Course Regulations For Graduate Students To Take Courses Offered Outside Of The Department" for details.
●Graduate students must proceed a comparison of originality for their thesis by the Turnitin system as a requirement of graduation.
The current principle of department ME is that the similarity should be less than 20%.
Students should provide the result obtained from the Turnitin system with a signature by the advisor.
- Comparison result is verified by the student’s adviser.
- The graduate students must complete the following request:
(1) Comparison results of the thesis must be reviewed by the adviser twice: Before the thesis oral defense and before thesis finalization.
(2) Comparison results and the statement of completing thesis comparison for the finalized thesis should be attached inside the hard copy and softcopy of the thesis submitted to the department office.
＊The website of the Turnitin system:
＊Students should use the statement of completing thesis comparison downloaded from the degree examination system.
●Academic Research Ethics
According to the regulations indicated in the Execution Guidelines of Academic Ethical Education for Graduate Students at National Chung Cheng University, Graduate Students who entered the university from 2017 must be enrolled to the course of academic Ethical Education.
The way of study:
- Students should go to the university’s network page in the first semester after admitted to the university to go ahead own study upon this course through the network teaching platform at Taiwan Academic Ethical Education Resource Center (URL: http://ethics.nctu.edu.tw/)(Account number is student’s identification number, preset secret code is last five digits of student’s identification number, where the code may be changed after this goes through.)
- Students who finished the study of Academic Ethical Education in all its key components and passed the overall examination may download at network for application of certificate for proof of completing this course. This course and its grade are not to be shown on the regular grades record throughout the years of study.
- Students must show proof on completion of the course of Academic Ethical Education, or exemption on studying the course, or related substitution to taking the course. Then, the students may apply for degree examination.
Platform of Chinese user’s instructions: http://ethics.nctu.edu.tw/newuser/1/
Platform of English user’s instructions: http://ethics.nctu.edu.tw/newuser/2/
- If there is change on student’s Chinese and English names, you may consult with the procedure in Application Procedure for Name Change on Course-Completion Proof and Form Downloading:
If there is related problem about network operation, please consult with Resource Center of Taiwan Academic Ethical Education:
Tel ：03-571-2121 Ext.52489
Please tell us your question, name, unit of employment(or school name), student ID No. or account, and academic year(only mandatory student).
Applicable to students enrolled after 109 academic year(2020 fall)
Guidelines For Direct Admission To The Ph.D. Program Of Department Of Mechanical Engineering, National Chung Cheng University
Application Form For Direct Admission To The Ph.D. Program Of Department Of Mechanical Engineering, National Chung Cheng University
Notice of Degree Oral Defense for International Students Department of Mechanical Engineering National Chung Cheng University
Notification of Graduation Application for Master/Ph.D. Graduates Department of Mechanical Engineering National Chung Cheng University
The Notice Of Dissertation Proposal Exam For Ph.D. Candidate
"National Chung Cheng University Implementation Policy of the Scholarship Award for International Students" can be downloaded from the website of the Office of International Affairs.
Academic Advising Agreement Graduate Institute of ME
Change of Advisor Request Form Graduate Institute of ME
Application Form for the Qualifying Examination
Evaluation Form of Ph.D. Qualifying Examination
Application Form for Ph.D. Dissertation Proposal Examination
The Committee Members of Ph.D. Dissertation Proposal Examination
Thesis Proposal Approval Form Of Proposal Examination
Dissertation Cover Format
Application form for the Dissertation Oral Defense
Evaluation Sheet of Thesis Oral Defense
Application for delayed public release of thesis/dissertation(as needed)
The course selection record (Outside the graduate institute or outside CCU)
Application Form for Postponing the Graduation Process
National Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations in Taiwan